1. Manuscript preparing regulations
1. Standard and sequence
1) The manuscript shall be prepared in Korean (mixed with Chinese) or English on A4 paper (21 × 30 cm), and the program used shall be higher than Hangeul 3.0 or MS Word, and blank spaces shall be 2.5 cm for top and bottom, and right and left, and character form shall be Shinmyeongjo, and row space shall be 200%, and character size shall be 12 point as the standard. When contributing the paper, the original file and one copy of the printed manuscript shall be submitted.
2) For the manuscript, the title of the paper and the name of the writer shall be inscribed on the top portion of the first page, and for a paper submitted in Korean, the Korean shall be placed above, and for the paper in English, the English shall be placed above, while the name of the agency to which the writer belongs (including address) shall be inscribed below the name of the writer. The email address and telephone number of the corresponding author shall be inscribed after drawing a line at the bottom of the first page. When the agencies of collaborating authors are different to each other, these shall separately be inscribed with *,** marks at the right side of the name of corresponding authors, and the name of the author shall be inscribed in full, and the family name shall be inscribed at the rear.
3) The contents of the manuscript shall be in the sequence of abstract, introduction, material and method, result (or result and consideration), consideration, outline, cited references, and so forth, and the abstract shall not exceed 300 words, and the outline shall be in Korean, for Korean as well as English manuscript.
4) At the bottom of the abstract, less than 10 key words representing the paper shall be inscribed.
5) Even for papers on overseas agricultural status and research contents analysis result and others, abstract, introduction, outline (conclusion), and cited references shall be prepared.
6) In the manuscript, the page shall be entered, and when contents of paragraph are to be divided, a sub-title shall be indicated, and inscription shall be conducted in the sequence of 1, A, (1), (A), 1), A)..... in principle.
2. Tables, figures, and photographs
1) The title and description of table, figure, and photograph shall be described in English; however, they shall be concise so that the contents can be grasped without referring to the text.
2) The title of table shall be inscribed at the top, and that of figure and photograph shall be at the bottom.
3) Tables and figures shall clearly be prepared by considering the fact that horizontal length becomes 8.4cm or 17.7cm during the printing, and reduction rate shall be described, and inserting location shall be indicated at the next space of related sentence of the text, and they shall be separately or directly attached.
3. Units and abbreviations
1) The name of a foreigner shall be inscribed in the original language, and the year shall be in A.D., and weights and measures shall be in C.G.S unit.
2) Abbreviation and short designation shall be used after inscribing them with parenthesis at the rear of the complete designation where it appears for the first time in the text.
<Example>: Plant Genetic Resources (PGR)
1) A simple outline shall be provided with only the essential points of the paper, and the main result shall be prepared with adapted type by attaching numbers like 1, 2, 3, 4,···
2) An outline of an English paper shall be prepared by mixed use of Korean and English.
5. Cited references
1) Cited references shall be inscribed with the limit of cited ones, and they shall be enumerated in the sequence of 가나다 and alphabet of authors’ name, and the contents shall be in the sequence of the name of author, year of publication, title, name of magazine, volume (number), and number of pages; and for independent volumes, it shall be in the sequence of the name of author, year of publication, name of the book, name of publishing company, publishing department, and number of pages.
2) When more than two times of repetition is generated by the same author, these shall be enumerated in the sequence of published year. When papers under the same author or title are continued, the indication can be abbreviated with after the second one.
3) Pages of independent volumes shall be inscribed as per the following example: Inscribing the volume of book 450p, citing one page only p.120, and citing several pages pp.120-130.
4) Papers from the same author and published in the same year shall be indicated with a, b, c next to the published year.
5) Citing reference in the middle of the text shall be inscribed as follows.
① When the number of authors is one person
: Cho (1999) or (Cho, 1999)
② When the number of authors is two persons
: Park & Lee (1991) or (Park & Lee, 1991)
③ When the number of authors is three persons
: Kim et al. (1995) or (Kim et al., 1995)